Tuesday, September 22, 2009

I'm here...

I’m here because this is my history. Although I grew up in the same house for 15 years, I was surprised every day. Milford is considered a city but split into two different parts, Woodmont and Devon. I lived in Woodmont and went to the high school everyone in Woodmont went too. Here, everyone knew everyone and everything, there were never any secrets. As time passed, construction began. The playground and other areas near my house vanished and were replaced by major organizations. It was sad to watch someone knocking down pieces of my childhood. However, there were many pieces left. There was still the Sundae house and other family-owned restaurants and boutiques that I spent so much time at.

My parents have also lived there almost all their lives. They both walked the same walls of the Elementary, Middle and High school that my sisters and I attended. It strange to think that my town has watched my mother, father and myself grow. Our family has had so much history there, that I can’t imagine living anywhere else.

No comments:

Post a Comment